- The second hours report is due tomorrow, 3/28. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZJDM5_42G_bwblmvKjWaB3HM4wrXp0B_qWQUNpW786TVl8w/viewform. (Freshmen and 1st year Midways do not need to fill this out if you are blogging or otherwise keeping me informed about your projects for the semester.)
- The Honors Social is next week, 4/4, 7:00, at Mediterranean Garden/Red Mezze. (Map)
- The Boland Undergraduate Research Symposium is Tuesday, 3/28, at the Millennium Center, starting at 8:00 am. Check out the program for details. http://www.etsu.edu/honors/ug_research/documents/2017bolprogonline.pdf. Please make an effort to go if at all possible. Lots of honors students are presenting, and lot of honors students are involved in the planning and execution. Any time you spend here counts toward class hours.
- There will be an information session on the Culture and Health minor on Tuesday in the Great Room at 5:15 pm. Caroline Drury will provide information on what the Culture and Health minor is, what the required classes are, what opportunities are offered, and a question and answer session.
- Tuesday, 3/28, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Millennium Center, Boland Undergraduate Research Symposium. You should go. See above.
- Tuesday, 3/28, 7:00 pm, Ball Hall auditorium, Noisy signals, quiet response – Models of Gravity perception. This is the third of four lectures in the Spring Basler Chair Lecture Series entitled “Creativity – Bridges between Arts and Science” presented by Professor Karl H. Hasenstein.
- Wednesday, 3/29, 7:00 pm, Culp Ballroom, Check Your Privilege. Through engaging and interactive games, participants can learn more about topics of privilege and microaggressions.
- Thursday, 3/30, 7:30 pm, Culp Auditorium, Dr. Terrell Strayhorn. Keynote Address by best-selling author, award-winning professor, and provocateur, Dr. Terrell L. Strayhorn. http://www.etsu.edu/sga/sga-lectures.php
- Thursday, 3/30, 8:00 pm, Willow Tree Coffee House, ETSU Country Bands at the Willow Tree. ETSU country bands are scheduled to perform at the Willow Tree in Johnson City, TN on Thursday, March 30th. Showtime is 8:00PM.
- Friday, 3/31, 7:30 pm, Culp Auditorium, Gospel Extravanganza feat Myron Butler and ETSU Gospel Choir. Gospel Choir will host its gospel weekend which will include special performance from Myron Butler. Performances will also be done by the ETSU Gospel Choir. Come praise with us.
- Saturday, 4/1, 11 am – 3 pm, Reese Museum. There is going to be a BFA Speaks event this Saturday. It is an opportunity for people to see the work of the graduating BFA students’ group show, where the artists themselves will be there to discuss their work and answer questions.
- Saturday, 4/1, 6:30 pm registration/8:00 pm race, Light It Up Blue 5k Glow Run, to benefit Autism Speaks. https://runsignup.com/Race/TN/JohnsonCity/LightItUpBlue5K
- Saturday, 4/1, 8:00 pm, Powell Observatory, Observatory Open House. The ETSU Astronomical Observatory will be open to the public. Telescopes will be set up for viewing of Astronomical objects. ETSU Biophysicist Dr. Yuriy Razskazovskiy will give a short talk entitled “The Search for Life in the Universe”. The Open House will be cancelled if the sky is cloudy.