- There is no class for anyone this week. I will be out of town on Tuesday.
- Wednesday, 3/22, 3 pm, Great Room, Hallie Sartain, “ChAT Expression in C. muridarum-infected Genital Tissue.”
- If you are presenting your thesis this semester somewhere other than the Boland, let me know about it.
- Monday, 3/20, 7:30 pm, Brooks Gym, SGA Civility Celebration Address: Dr. Bernice King. Doors open at 6:30. Seating is first come first serve.
- Tuesday, 3/21, 5:00 pm, Multicultural Center, Susan Lachmann, host of WETS-FM/HD’s ‘Women on Air,’ is presenting a Women’s History Month Lecture entitled ‘Thirty Years of Powerful Voices’
- Tuesday, 3/21, 7 pm, Real to Reel Theater, Made in East Tennessee – New Films by ETSU Students. The Radio/TV/Film Program at East Tennessee State University is pleased to present the sixth annual MADE IN EAST TENNESSEE screening featuring new films and documentaries by students. All ticket sales go towards the Tom Headley Student Production Award. https://www.facebook.com/events/1684312298535199/
- Thursday, 3/23, 12 pm, Multicultural Center, Privilege Walk on Social Justice and Politics at Multicultural Center. ‘Social Justice and Politics on March 23, at 12 noon is facilitated by the Honors College Student Council and SGA Secretary of State Rana Elgazzar in conjunction with the ’32nd positive/Negative National Juried Art Exhibition’ at the Slocumb Galleries.
- Thursday, 3/23, 5 pm, Ball Hall Auditorium, Reception for 32nd Annual Positive/Negative National Juried Art Exhibitions: ‘We Are Artists’ and “P/N 32 Open’ at Slocumb Galleries. The ETSU Department of Art & Design and Slocumb Galleries in partnership with the Honors College Student Council, Women’s Resource Center, Slocumb Galleries Student Society, Privilege Walk Collaborative, and ETSU Civility Celebrations proudly present 32nd Annual Positive/Negative National Juried Art Exhibitions: ‘We Are Artists’ and ‘Open’ juried by Dr. Anja Foerschner from March 13 to April 7, 2017. The awarding reception is on March 23rd, Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m., at the Slocumb Galleries, with the juror’s lecture starting at 6 p.m., at the Ball Hall Auditorium.
- Thursday, 3/23, 7:30 pm, First Presbyterian Church (Johnson City), Matt Palmer, classical guitar. Matt Palmer’s solo guitar performances and recordings have been called “one of a kind,” “truly accomplished and refined” and “jaw-dropping.” A recent “Up and Coming Guitarist of the Year,” Palmer has not only impressed audiences and reviewers around the world, but he also has pioneered his own guitar method, “The Virtuoso Guitarist.” His repertoire includes J.S. Bach, Villa-Lobos, Rodrigo, Turina and Tarrega, as well as contemporary composers – all played with “utmost clarity and incredible speed,” says Modern Guitars Magazine. Palmer holds a doctor of Musical Arts degree from University of Arizona and is director of guitar studies at Washington College, Chestertown, Md. Matt Palmer is a graduate of Sullivan South High School.
- Friday, 3/24, 7:30 pm, Culp Auditorium, BucApella. Opening night concert for the acapella workshop featuring Deke Sharon, vocal arranger for the movie, Pitch Perfect.